Doing an award post after years? Who am I? To be very honest, so many people have tagged me in various tags and nominated me in awards (and I’m very grateful) that at some point, it became too overwhelming for me. And that’s why I decided to stop doing and taking a record of them. But now that I’m basically staying at home all day to study, I don’t feel like doing much ‘original’ content (I do have quite a few ideas but I’m too lazy to take the pictures or make the graphics). So I think it’ll be a good idea to do this award post! Thank you so much to Marta for tagging me!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gave you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination.
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer.
- Do you remember the first book you ever read?
I don’t, haha. I think it would be some kind of children book that’s about Chinese mythology. When I was younger, I used to read a lot of Chinese fiction books about school. Somehow, the love stories never really attracted me. But if you were to ask me the first English book series that I was really into, it would be the Rainbow Magic books.
- Is there anyone else in your family who is also a reader?
I would say my entire family is quite fond of reading. We each have different preferences. My father likes reading mystery stuff, my mum non-fiction, and my older brother Chinese martial arts fiction. And of course, I love fantasy.
They are always very supportive and encouraging about reading for both knowledge and leisure. And that’s probably why I always return to books.
- Do you prefer physical books, e-books or audiobooks?
Physical books all the way. E-books hurt my eyes and I keep getting distracted from audiobooks. I like discussion podcasts because missing part of the episode usually doesn’t matter. But I would hate to miss a part of a book.
- Do you snack while you read?
NO. Have you ever borrowed a book from the library and when you open it on your bed, crumbles of cookies fall out? I’ve been there. The fact that food can unknowingly get between the pages and ants could be crawling there terrifies me. So definitely no.
- When do you usually read?
Before I sleep. I usually put my books on my bed when I work at the desk, which means I have my back facing my books. So I only remember them when I clean my bed to sleep.
- How would your perfect reading nook look like?
Cushions and pillows. A lovely warm blanket. Next to a large window that overlooks the street below. Nothing too fluffy because I feel like it’d get dirty quite quickly.
- Do you prefer to read or to write?
Read. I have no idea how to write beautifully or interestingly. Guess I just like absorbing more than expressing. This is also very likely the reason that I always score higher in my reading and listening papers than I do in writing and speaking.
- Water, tea or coffee?
Most of the time, water. I do like to drink tea when I feel stressed out or anxious and I still have to finish who-knows-how-many tea bags that I’ve collected from the past few trips. I used to drink coffee a lot but I stopped drinking coffee last year because I got too many headaches from the caffeine.
- What is your favourite genre?
Fantasy. The magic. The world-building. The feeling that I get to escape just a little from my own world. It is the best. But since I’m a science student, I’m also quite interested in reading about biology stuff, even though it usually takes me ages to finish reading those books.
- Is there any movie adaptation that you liked more than the book?
Of course there is. I really liked the movie for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. And although I found the book okay, it was nowhere near the movie. The adaptation just did so well on the sets and characters.
- What character would you like to meet in real life?
Either Hermione Granger or Lila Bard. Both of them are incredible female characters that have helped me grow a lot. Hermione taught me to be proud of my knowledge and Lila Bard taught me that it’s okay to be an outcast. They both meant so much to me.
11 random facts about me
- I got into K-Pop in December 2016 thanks to BTS.
- I get tired of things easily.
- That’s probably why I stopped being an ARMY some time ago.
- And why I always give up on my crushes quickly.
- I feel like such a bad person sometimes.
- Because I would use someone or leave someone behind if it means I’d get a better chance.
- But I received the graduation papers from my friends earlier this month.
- And it was really relieving to read about how they value our friendships because of what I’ve done for them.
- I used to be really into animes.
- I learned Japanese properly at a learning centre for a few months.
- It still fascinates me that I’m able to learn a language quite easily even if I’m an all-science student.
That was really random XD.
I’m tagging only 5 people because I haven’t been doing tags or awards for such a long time that I feel like everyone has forgotten about me. So I’m tagging some of my first followers that are still active on their blogs – Adhvika, Kelly, Romana, Trang and Lashaan, and Theresa.
And here are my questions for you:
- What about your blog are you the proudest of? (Content, graphics, consistency, etc.)
- What is your favourite drink?
- What is the first book that you really like?
- Do you own any bookish merch? If so, do you have a favourite?
- Book blogs, bookstagrams, booktubes or book twitters?
- How has blogging helped you in life?
- Who is your favourite author?
- Do you have a favourite artist? (music or visual art)
- Can you play any sports?
- Can you play any musical instruments?
- What is the thing you love the most about yourself?
So that’s it. I hope you have fun reading this post! Thanks for reading and stay healthy. Stay safe. Stay strong.